Image credit: https://in.pinterest.com/
Dieting makes many of us sick and a mere thought of starving oneself or eating tasteless food makes one nauseous. The Quinoa Khichdi I discovered not only makes this dieting bearable but makes it a tasty treat while still being absolutely healthy. It is full of protein for those who are vegetarian. Quinoa is a good option for maintaining ketosis and for individuals who are on a standard amount of ketogenic diet. So here goes my version of the Quinoa Khichdi.
Preparation Time: 5min
Cook time: 10min
Total time: 15min
Ingredients:(Serves 2-3 persons)
Quinoa/Red or white- 1 bowl
Onions chopped- 1
Curry leaves-6 to 7
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Bay leaf- 1
Clove-1 or 2
Salt -2 teaspoons
Garam masala-1 teaspoon (Everest brand)
Cilantro for garnish.
Moong daal – 1/2 bowl
Sweetcorn, Carrots, Green peas -1/2cup
Ginger chopped – 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic chopped- 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
Notes: I have used store-bought frozen corn, carrots and green peas (from Costco USA)
Here goes the Recipe:
- Soak moong daal in one cup of water for an hour.
- Soak Quinoa in two cups of water for an hour.
- Drain water from moong daal and quinoa, and keep aside.
- Put oil in pressure cooker and wait till it is hot. Add mustard and cumin seeds. When they splutter, add finely chopped garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes and sauté till it oozes oil, then add sweet corn, green beans, green peas, and carrots.
- Add soaked moong daal and sauté it for two mins, then add quinoa and pour two cups of water. Cook until three whistles.
Serve hot with papad and Indian pickle. If on a diet, eat with Greek yogurt full of protein and enjoy.
Instant pot Method: –
- Set IP on sauté mode and do all the procedures same as above in the pressure cooker.
- Once everything is sautéed set IP on 4mins
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.